Saturday, August 16, 2008

Bottom Line

So you wanna KNOW me. . . Well you already know my name is Adam. You know that my sister Shy is my light and my boy Vusani is my closest bregin. . . More? Alright, but keep in mind you're about to step into some deep shit. . .

My dad is a money fountain. I say that because all he does is pass 'round his cake like its gonna fix everything. I don't even know why I call him dad. I don't rate him and for damn sure I don't respect him. I can't respect someone that blamed me for mom going to jail. What reason did he have to say that? There isn't one. Only that he can't handle his own guilt so he passes it on to me. For that reason, you won't catch me saying two words to him. As far as I'm concerned hes just the dude that walks in, eats up all the food me and Shy cook, and then goes into his office and keeps his eyes burned on the laptop screen. . . I wish mom was around now. I know for sure if she was, things wouldn't be fucked up the way that they are now.

Nothing meant more to me than the gang. It was right up there with the fams, but that was then. At the time it felt good to come up and take the lead and make a name for us. Until I realized that I can't help anyone from a jail cell so I left. Even now, Vusani still doesn't understand. It's my family, no, it's SHYLA that keeps me from doin that stupid hood shit Vusani keeps trying to drag me into. All I hear from him is "you've lost your edge dog. I don't know if the streets could even use you now that you've gone soft." It's all in perspective. Vusani calls it weakness. I call it prioritizing. Mind you, I still deal a lil bit and of course I smoke dat kush, but I keep myself as clean as im ever gonna be just for Shy. I can't fall apart because of all this shit goin on in my head. She needs to SEE that we can make it out of the hood shit and do something proper with ourselves and I think she's starting to see it now so I DEFINITELY can't slip.

I only wish my mindset would rub of on Vusani. Don't twist it he's my closest boy but I honestly think he's smarter than that hood shit he just doesn't believe that there's more to life. That's why I don't want him anywhere near Shyla because I know how we used to do. We used to treat girls like them round the way chicks: talk to it for a while, hit it, then pass her on the sidewalk like nothing happened. But the way he looks at her. . . almost makes me sick to think of what could happen. And I tell him time and again "Forget it. That's my lil sis." But on and on he goes. I swear to God above that if I ever catch him making moves, I will shove my foot so far up his ass he'll only be able to taste my kicks for three weeks after. Vusani thinks that because I have morals now, I no longer have it in me to fuck him up. DEAD WRONG. To tell the truth, if I ever caught them together, I don't know which one of them I'd hurt first. There's only one thing left that I can say, and that's when it comes to my sister, he's on such thin ice it's not even funny. And the second he slips, I won't ask questions. I'll just take him outside and deal with his case the way I used to deal with mans back in the day. . . SO TREAD LIGHTLY VUSANI!

The streets don't need me anymore - *Ad@m*

No comments: