Tuesday, September 16, 2008

In the news today...

Just watched CBC. Another teenager just got shot outside his high school today.

Last week, a kid got shot at Keele/Eglinton. That's where I grew up. They locked down 5 schools including York Memo. That's where I went to high school.

This project is, unfortunately, timely.

People are killing each other. Correction: KIDS are killing each other. The truth is: I don't know what the hell to do about it???

I read about a zillion different posts on the CBC website. The debates are fierce, and I don't even know how to interject... It's such a complex issue. Whether you go right-wing or left-wing, you're missing something. You can open up community centres, hire police officers, hug as many teenagers as you can, it seems to have no result...

All I know is that things are getting WORSE, and I thought they were pretty bad when I was growing up... I'm getting to the age where I'm thinking about where to raise my unborn children. Toronto is looking less viable every single day...

Bobman

No comments: